Dear MBCLA Family,
We recognize that the everyday risk for exposure to COVID-19 is currently very high. In Los Angeles County alone there were over 43,000 cases reported on Friday. This is why we practice screening and take preventative measures. This is also why we need to regularly evaluate our approach and adapt. For example, we had intended to resume children’s fellowship this week. In light of the rising number of cases we have instead postponed children’s fellowship and transitioned our youth fellowships online.
Please take precautions and monitor your personal health. Even within our church we are not exempt. The church has received notification regarding at least one positive case of COVID-19. In response, we have contacted all known close contacts of the positive case(s).
If you have a positive test result and were recently at the church, please email firstname.lastname@example.org so that we may follow-up.
如果你近日曾來教會，而你的的測試呈現陽性，請電郵至 email@example.com 與教會聯繫，以便跟進。
Please join us in-person or online for our Christmas Eve Service on Friday, Dec 24 from 7:30pm to 9:30pm.
We have a special sing-along together. For practice tracks and other information, please see the Music & Worship page.
MBCLA Missions Conference (Dec 3-4)
Please join us in-person or online for our Missions Conference on Friday, Dec 3 at 7:30pm and Saturday, Dec 4 at 9:30am.
Fri, Dec 3, 7:30-9:00pm, MC Sanctuary
Speaker: IMB President Dr. Paul Chitwood
Direct link to Friday livestream from Main Campus
Sat, Dec 4, 9:30-12:30pm, GWC
Speakers: Dr. Paul Chitwood, Victor Hou, & missionaries
Direct link to Saturday livestream from Garfield Worship Center
- 國語堂崇拜 （每週日早上9點及11點）
- 從12月5日開始，兒童事工將恢復包括學前2 （在2018年9月以前出生的小朋友）到六年級孩童在11點舉行的兒童主日學。參加9點兒童崇拜的孩童們，可接下去繼續參加主日學，家長可在12點主日學結束後來接小朋友。至於幼稚園及幼年班的孩童們，家長必須在崇拜跟主日學之間接管他們。
- 從1月7日星期五開始，兒童事工及青少年事工將恢復週五晚間的團契聚會。亦即 Missions Friends, Kids for Christ, BASIC, 和 Total Devotion將恢復週五晚間7：30分的實體聚會。這些團契將不提供網路連線。
- 週五晚間團契所需教室都已預留，如果需要在週間其他晚上聚集，教室預留也可協調。若欲預留教室，請先告知你的團契負責人，並與教會辦公室經理鄭梁淑英 (firstname.lastname@example.org)聯繫。若欲預留體育館，請於張述信傳道 (email@example.com)聯繫。
Dear Brothers and Sisters,
Winter Quarter is upon us and the church would like to provide an overview of in-person Worship service, Sunday school, and Fellowship ministry arrangements. Given the dynamic nature of re-opening, we encourage you to review the following information:
- Mandarin Worship Service (Sundays at 9am and 11am)
- Mandarin Youth Service (Sundays at 11am)
- Children’s Worship (Sundays at 9am)
Garfield Worship Center
- English Worship Service (Sundays at 9am)
- English-SEAM Worship Service (Saturdays at 6pm)
- Cantonese Worship Service (Sundays at 11am)
- MBC Glendora-Mission Worship Service (Sundays at 10:45am)
Language groups are returning additional Sunday school classes to the campus for in-person instruction in December. Please consult your language group worship service bulletin for up-to-date class offerings. Hybrid or streaming options are available on a class-by-class basis.
- Starting Sunday, December 5, Children’s ministry will resume 11am Children’s Sunday school for Preschool 2 (born before September 2018) through grade 6. Grades 1-6 children who attend 9am Children’s Worship can stay for Sunday school and be picked up when it concludes at noon while children kindergarten and below must be picked up between sessions. Please contact Pauline Chan (firstname.lastname@example.org)
For those groups that are ready, we are planning a January restoration of Friday night fellowships at the church. Children and Youth fellowships will return in-person, enabling parent and adult groups to also meet at the church.
- Starting Friday, January 7, Children’s Ministry and Youth Ministry will resume Friday night fellowships. This means that Missions Friends, Kids for Christ, BASIC, and Total Devotion will begin meeting at their usual 7:30pm time. These meetings will not be available online.
- Rooms have been reserved for other Friday fellowships and can be available for other nights by arrangement. Please speak with your fellowship coordinator and contact Office Manager Stella Leung (email@example.com) for room arrangements. Contact Minister Justin Chang (firstname.lastname@example.org) for gym reservations.
We want to be sure to thank our volunteers who make these ministries possible. Thank you to our teachers, counselors, check-in volunteers, A/V, and many others who continue to serve so that we can worship, learn, and fellowship together. We look forward to seeing more families return to the church!
For those joining in-person, masks are required and overflow areas will be set up to provide additional physical distance. There is no churchwide Thanksgiving meal this year.
We have received questions about the Los Angeles City vaccine mandate and updated CDC travel guidelines, so we wanted to provide a reminder and affirmation of our screening process at MBCLA.
For those who worship in-person, we will check your temperature and ask you to wear a mask while indoors. We do not require proof of vaccination.
We encourage you:
- To read the CDC’s updated international travel requirements.
- To keep a copy of your vaccine card with you if you travel or do business in the City of Los Angeles (see SafePassLA for more info).
- To consider vaccination or booster shot if you have not already. The COVID-19 vaccine is now available for children as early as 5 years old, and the booster shot is available six months after your second dose.
Within the next two weeks we will also have updated information about in-person ministries – Sunday school, Friday fellowship groups, and children’s ministry – as we continue our re-opening.
教會最近收到許多會友有關洛杉磯市政府所發佈的疫苗令及聯邦疾病防治中心（C D C）的最新旅行限制的問題，因此，我們將藉這次更新提醒各位洛杉磯國語浸信會的檢測程序。
Dear Brothers and Sisters,
As a reminder, the church provides screening of those who join in-person for worship service for your protection. We have summarized the questions below for simplicity, and will also include it in the bulletin for easy reference:
We ask that you join us online rather than in person if you:
- Have had COVID-19 symptoms within the last 10 days,
- Have an elevated body temperature, or
- Are currently subject to a Health Officer Isolation or Quarantine Order.
We understand that County guidelines can be complicated. Recent updates to the Health Officer Order went into effect on July 31, August 19, and August 23. Please understand that we try to follow the latest guidance. For example, we have brought our screening with regard to international travel in line with County and CDC guidance. For Domestic Travel and International Travel recommendations and requirements, please see this link.
• 您目前正在接受“衛生官醫學隔離令”(Health Officer Isolation) 或 “檢疫隔離令”(Quarantine Order）
教會深深體驗到洛杉磯縣所下達的各種指南的複雜性。例如最新的”衛生官醫學指令”在短短三週之間，就分別於 7 月 31 日，8 月 19 日和 8 月 23 日更新了三次。請了解，教會將盡力根據最新指令行事。比如說，教會有關國際旅行的檢測問題目前完全根據最新洛縣及疾病控制和預防中心（CDC）的指南。如欲了解本國及國際旅行建議和要求，請按此鏈接。
Dear Brothers and Sisters,
As we look ahead to the Fall, the church would like to provide a short update on upcoming events and ministry activities.
Sadly, we will not have our annual Labor Day summer retreat this year. Instead, Sunday, September 5 will be a Lord’s Supper Sunday at MBCLA and we will mark the promotion of children and youth to their new Sunday school classes. We hope you will consider joining us, and looking forward to this meaningful worship service.
We had hoped to resume more ministries in-person at the church in September, including Friday fellowships and Sunday school classes. We have decided to postpone this transition in light of the worsening health conditions in our communities. For fellowship information, please contact your group leader or language pastor. For the new quarter of Sunday school, please look to your language service and bulletin for meeting locations and links.
Please pray for us as we continue to navigate these dynamic conditions, as we pray for each other for health, wisdom, and strength from the Lord.
We are excited for the return of Mandarin 11am worship service beginning Sunday, August 1. Please consider joining us. Thank you also to all of our volunteers who serve at the church.
Please also note:
- Only the 9am Mandarin worship service will be streamed. Those joining us from home, please continue to tune in at 9am for worship service.
- Mandarin Sunday school classes will remain at 11am in August.
- Children's worship in-person will be provided at the Children Education Building at 9am only.