Dear Brothers and Sisters,
As a reminder, the church provides screening of those who join in-person for worship service for your protection. We have summarized the questions below for simplicity, and will also include it in the bulletin for easy reference:
We ask that you join us online rather than in person if you:
- Have had COVID-19 symptoms within the last 10 days,
- Have an elevated body temperature, or
- Are currently subject to a Health Officer Isolation or Quarantine Order.
We understand that County guidelines can be complicated. Recent updates to the Health Officer Order went into effect on July 31, August 19, and August 23. Please understand that we try to follow the latest guidance. For example, we have brought our screening with regard to international travel in line with County and CDC guidance. For Domestic Travel and International Travel recommendations and requirements, please see this link.
• 您目前正在接受“衛生官醫學隔離令”(Health Officer Isolation) 或 “檢疫隔離令”(Quarantine Order）
教會深深體驗到洛杉磯縣所下達的各種指南的複雜性。例如最新的”衛生官醫學指令”在短短三週之間，就分別於 7 月 31 日，8 月 19 日和 8 月 23 日更新了三次。請了解，教會將盡力根據最新指令行事。比如說，教會有關國際旅行的檢測問題目前完全根據最新洛縣及疾病控制和預防中心（CDC）的指南。如欲了解本國及國際旅行建議和要求，請按此鏈接。
Dear Brothers and Sisters,
As we look ahead to the Fall, the church would like to provide a short update on upcoming events and ministry activities.
Sadly, we will not have our annual Labor Day summer retreat this year. Instead, Sunday, September 5 will be a Lord’s Supper Sunday at MBCLA and we will mark the promotion of children and youth to their new Sunday school classes. We hope you will consider joining us, and looking forward to this meaningful worship service.
We had hoped to resume more ministries in-person at the church in September, including Friday fellowships and Sunday school classes. We have decided to postpone this transition in light of the worsening health conditions in our communities. For fellowship information, please contact your group leader or language pastor. For the new quarter of Sunday school, please look to your language service and bulletin for meeting locations and links.
Please pray for us as we continue to navigate these dynamic conditions, as we pray for each other for health, wisdom, and strength from the Lord.
We are excited for the return of Mandarin 11am worship service beginning Sunday, August 1. Please consider joining us. Thank you also to all of our volunteers who serve at the church.
Please also note:
- Only the 9am Mandarin worship service will be streamed. Those joining us from home, please continue to tune in at 9am for worship service.
- Mandarin Sunday school classes will remain at 11am in August.
- Children's worship in-person will be provided at the Children Education Building at 9am only.
For Sunday, July 4 you will no longer need to register online in advance. You are welcome to join us without reservation. We will continue to have a screening and check-process when you arrive but physical distancing and capacity limits will be lifted. Also, outdoor church activities will no longer require masks.
Thank you for your understanding, for your support, and for all of our volunteers who have participated in these processes!
As you are aware, the State of California announced a full economic re-opening on Tuesday, June 15. Info on what will change on that date can be found here and LA County announced that it will align with state plans. We rejoice that health conditions in Los Angeles County have improved. Daily cases have decreased to around 200, much lower than the previous heights.
What does this mean for the church? We continue to monitor and process the guidance from the CDC, State of California and LA County. We plan orderly changes to our re-opening and continue to consider matters of practical implementation for our volunteers and members. In this update we want to give a sense of how we are approaching the June 15 date and how our processes will change and ministries will be restored over time:
Screening Questions continue to be important because of travel advisories and the different strains in other countries. At the same time, vaccination makes domestic travel safer than before. We will update our screening questions with these two ideas in mind and continue to ask that members RSVP for worship service so that you are aware of the screening questions before you arrive. We are actively looking for a date when RSVP will no longer be needed.
Face Coverings are now optional for those on stage who have been vaccinated. Face coverings continue to be required at all other times while indoors at church, until such time as they are not a requirement for any people. This is out of recognition of youth settings, mixed groups of vaccinated and unvaccinated, and our desire to have clear guidelines.
Singing Guidance is being updated. As we have shared in worship service, we are encouraging those physically present to “sing softly” and we want those who come to worship service to feel comfortable and safe, facilitated in part by face coverings and air filtration, and able to express their worship in song to God.
Other ministries are actively being restored in-person. Children’s Ministry has begun to open. One adult Sunday school class has begun hybrid instruction. And later this month the Boy Scouts will begin to use areas of the GWC instead of keeping all of their activity outside on the parking lot. However, we also recognize the challenges of fragmentation, technical requirements, and scheduling. Some ministries pause for the summer while others have already begun a new quarter online. To this end we are looking to coordinate a major return to in-person ministries in September.
We want to thank you for your prayers and patience as we navigate the complexities of changing guidelines & procedures and plan an orderly return together. We praise God that in-person worship services have been held without major issue for over a month and for all the teams that enable the livestreams to function. While we coordinate the return of ministries we are also working very hard to improve our network infrastructure to be able to handle additional, concurrent events on the campus.
檢測問題 - 由於新冠肺炎相關的旅行警示及各種突變病毒，因此檢測問題在登記及報到過程中仍屬必須。在此同時，因著美國疫苗接種人數的增加，國內旅行已較先前安全了許多。教會崇拜登記的檢測問題將包括這兩點，並繼續要求會友預先為崇拜出席作登記，因此當您到達教會時，您已熟悉檢測問題。我們正認真考量並盼望很快就能釐定出一個日期，從那時起參與實體崇拜將不再須要預先登記。
口罩 - 在台上事奉的教牧同工及弟兄姊妹們現在可選擇在崇拜服事時是否戴口罩。除此之外，直到政府作出所有人都不再需要戴口罩的宣布，所有參與者在教會室內仍須全時間戴口罩。此決定是為了保障大眾安全，基於兒童事工的重啟，群體中包涵著已接種及尚未接種者，以及教會仍等待政府頒布更明確的相關規定。
- Registration takes place each week. Please be reminded to register between Monday morning and Friday night for the upcoming Sunday service. Your advance registration helps ushers to prepare the seating.
- Please continue to arrive early for service, up to 30 minutes early. The process will get faster as we become more familiar with it but the number of attendees will also increase. Coming early will assure that you can be greeted and seated before service begins.
We understand that not everyone is ready or in a position to return to in-person worship service and we hope you can worship heartily where you are. If you were waiting to preserve seating for others, please know that each of our services had additional capacity last week and we would be blessed to see you.
Los Angeles County recently entered the Yellow Tier and health conditions continue to improve locally. We pray for God’s continued protection, and we also pray on behalf of those dramatically affected by COVID-19, such as in India, that they would receive help and find relief.
MBCLA will resume in-person worship services this Sunday, May 2. In preparation for this, we invite our church family to join with us in prayer for this transition, our volunteers, spiritual vitality, and the physical health of our community.
Let us pray:
- That all church people can access the worship services, whether online or in-person;
- That there is no disruption to worship service so that we can focus on our Great God together;
- That our volunteers are excited and prepared for their acts of service;
- That we may respond with wisdom and grace to any unexpected situations;
- That Sunday, May 2 marks a new chapter in the ministry of the church and enables us to provide improved pastoral care;
- That God protects the church and the local community from the pandemic, so that society may continue to re-open and God’s people can fellowship in-person;
- With gratitude for all who are involved in the re-opening and heartfelt thanksgiving for the sustaining grace of our God.
- Mandarin Worship Livestream (click to visit channel and then click on the live video)
- Mandarin Worship Playlist (click for a list of previous worship services)
- Cantonese Worship Livestream (click to visit channel and then click on the live video)
- Cantonese Worship Playlist (click for a list of previous worship services)
- English Worship Zoom (click to open Zoom to the English Sunday service)
教會重啟計畫中的一環，就是為主日崇拜線上直播在YouTube 創建新的頻道（channels）和播放清單(playlists)，這些資訊可以透過media.mbcla.org取得，以下也列出各堂鏈結方便您使用。請使用以下鏈結來參與主日崇拜 （無論您是在線上同步參加崇拜，或是透過播放清單觀看崇拜影片），也鼓勵您訂閱新的頻道得到及時的通知。